Everyone wants a clean, pest-free home. So we buy sprays, coils and gels to get rid of mosquitoes, cockroaches, bed bugs, and termites. However, we don’t once think how chemical-laden repellents affect our health. John Thomas, founder of Herbal Strategi, faced a grave illness to realise that chemical repellents, even though its effects may not be visible immediately, it takes a toll on our health over a period of time.
Idea Behind the launch of Herbal Strategi – In 2009, I had suffered from an upper respiratory tract infection. The doctors told me to stop using vaporisers. Determined to switch to eco-friendly and safe repellents, I searched online for alternatives but found nothing. My Master’s degree in Aquaculture at the Punjab Agriculture University came in handy. I asked my colleagues and they referred me to Central Institute for Medicinal and Aromatic Plants (CIMAP) in Lucknow. We went there and they gave us environment-friendly formulations that kept mosquitoes away for 10 to 12 hours to test. Since Kerala has 400 types of mosquitoes, we went there and tried the different formulations for one-and-a-half years. We then went to Kochi, Hyderabad and Bengaluru to find out if people were interested in herbal repellents. Thirty per cent said yes and out of that 30 per cent, 65 per cent were new mothers, with small kids and who wanted safe repellents.
Most of the herbal companies were present in the personal care segment and health care segments. There were no herbal players in the home care segment.
Products under the brand – Our products fall under six categories:
- Herbal repellents – Mosquito Vaporiser, Mosquito Sticks, Body Spray, Mosquito Room Spray, Mosquito Oil, Cockroach Repellent, Ant Repellent, Lizard Repellent, Termite Repellent, Bed Bug Repellent, Fly Repellent, Ant repellent
- Herbal Cleaners – Floor, Kitchen, Glass, Toilet, Bathroom, Dishwash, Bathroom and Kitchen Fixtures, Fabric Wash, Dishwash Detergent
- Herbal Fresheners – Air Freshener Spray, Incense Stick, Sambrani Cups and Aromatic oils
- Herbal Hygiene – Shoe Spray, Foam Handwash, Hand Sanitiser, Fruit & Veg Wash, Sanitising and Disinfecting spray(SDS), Toilet Seat Sanitiser, Concentrate Disinfecting Liquid(SDL)
- Herbal Fogging Solutions- Thermal Fogging solutions and Indoor and Outdoor Cold Fogging Solutions
- Herbal Pet Care – Dog Spray (for relief from fleas, ticks and mites) and Kennel Spray
What makes Herbal Strategi products different –
Ninety per cent of the herbal products seen in the home care segment do not have an ayurveda license. Whereas we have a license from Ayush, we are PETA and ISO 9001 certified.
Our Products are made with 100% Herbal Actives. All our products are biodegradable, eco-friendly, non-toxic and safe for use around Kids and Pets. All Products are Vegan and made inhouse in a ISO9002 compliant factory, Our Cleaners have been awarded the Green Pro, Eco Friendly label by CII(Confederation of Indian Industry). Our Repellents are manufactured under Ayush license.
Where all are the products available? – Our products are available across all major Offline and Online Platforms including Amazon, Flipkart, Big Basket, Grofers and our own website (www.herbalstrategi.com)
Which are your biggest market – Online Platforms and Offline markets in South of India
Expansion plan – Strengthen online and increase presence in Offline shops across the country